The Battle Of The Talk Show Hosts – Politics & The Pulpit

Posted by on 29 April, 2010
This post was filed in Politics and has 15 comments

Truthtalk Live Does not endorse the message of this sign

Should pastors endorse political candidates?

Yesterday’s program generated a lot of heat and today’s broadcast may really fire you up.

It’s the battle of the talk show hosts as Stu welcomes Bob Enyart, outspoken as always.

Bob says “absolutely YES” and he’s not alone. A Christian law firm has jumped into the fray with another resounding YES as well. Take a look at this WEBSITE. And what do you think? Call us tollfree at (866) 34-Truth or jump into this discussion online.

Stay connected!

facebook2

twitter_logo

youtube

15 Comments on “The Battle Of The Talk Show Hosts – Politics & The Pulpit”

• 1.
    Scott
    29 April, 2010, 3:24 pm

• 2.
    Scott
    29 April, 2010, 4:45 pm

So will pastor Bob perform church discipline on a member that doesn’t follow his political views? If one of his members voted for Pres. Obama, which a sin according to him, and doesn’t repent is he an unrepentant sinner and susceptible to church discipline?

• 3.
    Scott
    29 April, 2010, 4:53 pm

Are Bob’s members committing sin that go to Disney World? Disney World has gay pride day. Is that sin? Will they discipline members that go to Disney World?

• 4.
    Scott
    29 April, 2010, 4:56 pm

You go STU!!!! Your closing words are perfect!!!!

• 5.
    29 April, 2010, 6:17 pm

Welcome to the website Scott!
    Always a pleasure to hear from someone new[assuming that you are new to the website, ha.ha.].

• 6.
    b baggins
    29 April, 2010, 8:29 pm

Scott: The pulpit is the place where the Word of God is preached. I shouldn’t have to worry about hearing or knowing my pastor’s political views from the pulpit. All I should hear from the pulpit is my pastor rightly dividing the Word of Truth!

So pastor’s shouldn’t speak about the present world in light of the Bible?

That would bother you?

• 7.
    b baggins
    29 April, 2010, 8:45 pm

Scott: So will pastor Bob perform church discipline on a member that doesn’t follow his political views?

What if a church member was, umm, a Nazi? Should that person feel attacked in church or tolerated and accepted because of his political views (which have spiritual bearing)?

Scott: If one of his members voted for Pres. Obama, which a sin according to him, and doesn’t repent is he an unrepentant sinner and susceptible to church discipline?

So, basically, you’re asking if you supported abortion, homosexuality, and so on…should you feel remorse, should you repent?

• 8.
    b baggins
    29 April, 2010, 9:16 pm

Scott: Are Bob’s members committing sin that go to Disney World?

Why would a Christian (from God’s church) go to Disney World? Do they not have better things to do?

Scott: Disney World has gay pride day. Is that sin?

Does God want homosexuals or any sexual pervert to be proud (or supported by Christians)?

• 9.
    John
    30 April, 2010, 10:59 am

• 10.
    1 May, 2010, 9:45 am

Thought you would enjoy this Chuck Colson quote, Posted on my FB site by one of my friends:

“As citizens of the kingdom of God , Christians are to bring God’s standards of righteousness and justice to bear on the kingdoms of this world–what is sometimes called the cultural commission. Among other things, this means bringing transcendent moral values into public debate.”

check out the comments on my profile page for recent shows—pretty cool! thanks,stu

• 11.
    Jim Crawford
    1 May, 2010, 6:03 pm

I believe that every church leader should encourage their members to get out and vote their consiences. I also believe that pastors should not be instructing the people on which candidates to vote for.

• 12.
    Scott
    2 May, 2010, 10:21 pm

When a pastor is preaching he is expounding on the Word of God and is proclaiming, Thus saith the Lord. I have no problem with a pastor pointing out injustice and unrighteousness that is occurring. But to bind the consciences of his congregation by saying it is a sin to vote for someone and to proclaim that they must vote for someone else is claiming an authority that I am not sure a pastor has been given. I don’t think a church or pastor should be hindered by the government to do so but I just think there are too many personal issues/views (IRS, Universal Healthcare, Patriot Act, Immigration) that good godly men could and will disagree on that I don’t believe a pastor has a right to declare from the pulpit one view as either absolutely moral or immoral that the Scriptures haven’t already specifically dealt with.

• 13.
    b baggins
    2 May, 2010, 10:41 pm

Jim Crawford: I believe that every church leader should encourage their members to get out and vote their consiences.

What happens when their members’ consciences are ill informed?

Jim Crawford: I also believe that pastors should not be instructing the people on which candidates to vote for.

How are you coming up with this rule? I don’t understand how or why this should be a precident. E.g. If there are two candidates – one is the Antichrist and the other is Christ, then the pastor shouldn’t try to inform his members one way or the other?

John: Many Christians seem very fond of supporting sexual abstinence, which could easily be judged as one of the greatest of all the sexual perversions known to man, B. Baggins[grin].

Many Christian’s too realize the consequence of obeying God’s command to be fruitful and multiply – combined with His call for us to commit to one another (in marriage).
    I will agree that sexual abstinence is far, far better than sexual perversion (promiscuity, homosexuality, etc.). Why do you think it’s perverse to find a mate you can commit to before mating? How can you percieve that as sick and nasty?

• 14.
    John
    3 May, 2010, 10:48 am

It’s good to hear from you again, B.Baggins[smile].
    Baggins, if there were only two candidates, and Jesus was one of them, what difference would it make who voted for whom….do you really think Jesus would have any chance at all of losing in the long run[smile]?

As for your question on sexual perversions, did I SAY that I thought it was sick and nasty? No. Just perverted[weird]. It’s a great trick I think, if one can pull it off, but I don’t think it’s for everyone. I had meant to add in “Celibacy” along side abstinence within my last post, as being one of the greatest of all the sexual perversions. Make more sense to you? I was in a hurry before, and I thought it without typing it.

• 15.
    Joe
    31 May, 2010, 5:44 pm

I feel that it’s that pastor job in the pulpit to inform his congrates on the word of God concerning any issue. by doing this it least he have informed these people on “thus saids the Lord.” at my own church,for me to see so many christians with obama support stickers on their cars,to me is so hypocritical. obama is clear on where he stands on many moral issues. even if this guy as promised,hope and change;i wonder did these people invistigate what this man was pushing for. i mean in the black community alone this man got 95% of the vote. yes i was in the 5% that did’nt listen to obama’s rhetoric. just looking at his stance for same-sex marriages told me right off that this man was’nt for God’s plan for a family(one man and one woman) at all. now he wants to take from the people who have worked hard to create their wealth and give to someone who may not deserve it because of their non-work ethic. it’s amazing to me the number of christians who supported this guy. just look at how this president has treated israel. i feel that we need true conservatives with morals in the white house,both congress and the senate. i was shocked when me own pastor said in the pulpit that he had voted for obama;he said even though he did’nt agree with everything he’s done. man his statement to me really sound confusing to me. well i said enough. peace out.