Haiti: What Now?

Posted by on 10 February, 2010
This post was filed in Uncategorized and has 8 comments

You don’t hear as much about Haiti these days. The news media has moved on to “fresher” stories, but the devastation remains. What’s happening with relief efforts? What about the donations you sent? How are they being used…and are they still needed.

animated_steve2Today, guest host Steve Noble,  host of his own  nationally-syndicated radio program Called to Action This Week  welcomes Dr. J.L. Williams, President of International Missions for Impact for Hope . Dr. Williams has spent the last 10 days in Haiti accessing critical needs.

TODAY ONLY- CALL  (877) 34-TRUTH.

impacthaiti-earthquake

The devastation being suffered by the people of Haiti as a result of the massive earthquake there is beyond imagination. Impact of Hope International is ready to assist in every way we can, but we need your help.

DonateNowPlease donate now!

Stay connected!

facebook2

twitter_logo

youtube

8 Comments on “Haiti: What Now?”

• 1.
    10 February, 2010, 5:53 pm

Pray for Ambassador Lewis Lucke & Haitian Chavannes Jeunes, strategic Christian leader in Haiti!!! Then, give BLOOD and/or GIVE MONEY!!!

Are you a nurse??? Haiti needs YOU and GOD wants to use you down there!!! Get a Doctor to pay for your trip!!!

DOCTORS: Pay to send a nurse!!!

• 2.
    John
    11 February, 2010, 12:27 pm

For the last two weeks we have all been amassing a huge collection of stuff to have a yard sale this Saturday. All proceeds will be sent to Haiti. And I already gave blood, twice[smile].

• 3.
    Mike
    12 February, 2010, 7:19 pm

In order to help Haiti long term the first thing we and other nations need to do is cut off foreign aid. During this crisis WE SHOULD HELP THE PEOPLE but foreign aid is not only a waste of money it actually supports the regimes that keep the people oppressed and the nation from prospering.

The only nations that have managed to pull themselves up economically have done so by establishing laws to guarantee property rights and a system of laws that promotes business. All one has to do is check out what it happening in Tanzania and other African nations where leaders have actually established laws that promote economic growth.

Haiti receives on average $200 million each year from just the US. At no time have we been able to audit the country’s books to see how the money was spent. $200 million per year and that from just the US. Yet know they have not built a sound infrastructure and their roads are nearly impassible.

Giving money to countries like Haiti and Cuba does nothing for the people. I’ve seen it first hand in Cuba as food sent by the UN and the US for hurricane relief was SOLD to the people in government controlled stores.

I am sure the Liberal lefties here will call me unChristian in my views but their is nothing Christian about supporting dictatorial regimes that oppress their own people, just like it is unChristian to make people permanently dependent on government welfare and thus destroy the fabric of many families.

• 4.
    John
    13 February, 2010, 10:40 am

But how does ecomomically poor, “Joe Blow” like myself help to pull any of that off, Mike? By voting for the right people….in the American government that I already don’t fully trust? How do we “little people” of Americana help another country change THEIR government?
    What do you think about the idea of sponsering children in Haiti?

• 5.
    Mike
    14 February, 2010, 11:22 am

John: “But how does ecomomically poor, “Joe Blow” like myself help to pull any of that off, Mike? By voting for the right people….in the American government that I already don’t fully trust?”

Do you really want our representatives to represent us and not the powerful elite? If you do then get involved on the precint level. That is where the decisions are made. Go to this site for more infomation http://www.meetup.com/national-precinct/ or do a Google seach on Wag the dog 2010.

I know for a fact that this movement has the Republican leadership quaking in their boots. I am urging both Republicans and Democrats to get involved at their neighborhood level. Find out who your local captain is and go to the meetings. If we do not exercise this power….this right we have…the power elites will continue to rule over us to their benefit.

John: “How do we “little people” of Americana help another country change THEIR government?”

There is nothing we can do to help other countries change their governments. We can however continue to support oppressive regimes by providing foreign aid. Cut off foreign aid to any country that does not allow a full audit of its books. Give no money to any country that does not, by law, guarantee property rights. Believe me that people will do the rest.

John: “What do you think about the idea of sponsering children in Haiti?”

I have no problem with individuals helping out other individuals get a leg up in life. Children are the most innocent and I believe we have an obligation to provide whatever assistence we can. That said, we must be careful that our good intentions are not causing more damage. The Welfare state we have created, with all of its good intentions, has caused more harm than good. We need to check out the agencies that are providing the aid and make sure that our money is well used.

• 6.
    Mike
    14 February, 2010, 11:23 am

Those of you that want to take back the country, and this includes Americans of all races, religions, ethnic background, and political persuation; just go to this website: http://www.wagthedog2010.com/

• 7.
    15 February, 2010, 8:42 pm

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly Mike. My apologies for not getting back to YOU any earlier. The duties of life, and all that jazz, you know[smile].
    Thank you for the links, I shall have a look-see.
    “Find out who your local captain is and go to the meetings.”
    Brings to my mind the Norman Rockwell paintings “The Four Freedoms”, painting titled “Freedom of Speech”. I’ll have to get into Miami for that, but I really don’t think that “anyone of power” is going to listen to one such as myself. It mainly seems that such people just tell us what they think we want to hear, and most people are silly enough to believe them.

• 8.
    Daniel Flynn
    20 February, 2010, 4:09 pm

Having just returned from a week in Haiti working in the U of M Medishare Hospital… let me be simply an echo… the need is epic in proportion, the pain is real, and the future is tentative at best. Pray! Pray that God lead you in how to help, it may mean going, as a nurse or doctor, it may mean giving, it may mean waiting to go. In a decade, the need will continue to exist… The question left… how do we as the church, as Christians, and as Americans respond? Yes, it’s time for some heart searching, God revealing prayer!!!