How would Jesus vote?

Posted by on 19 February, 2008
This post was filed in Uncategorized and has 11 comments

How your faith should inform your vote

Today’s guest is Jerry Newcombe (www.jerrynewcombe.com) He is co-author of “How would Jesus Vote?”

We are now podcasting! visit www.wtru.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page to hear/download prior shows.

AddThis Button

11 Comments on “How would Jesus vote?”

• 1.
    jerry newcombe
    19 February, 2008, 6:59 pm

great show. very lively. i loved the parchment remark.

• 2.
    Brother alan
    19 February, 2008, 7:35 pm

The guest commented that with massive social programs that they were

only trying to buy votes. I fear that it is much more serious than that. During the Clinton Presidency(no, I’m not a Clinton hater),

Madeline Albright, his Secretary of State was on Meet The Press, defending a sizable aid package to a small island country. When people opposed the huge amount because it was for social programming only,her defense chilled my blood. She said, “The more dependent a people are on their government, the easier they are to control.” I am still praying over how Jesus would have me vote. Seek His will and you can’t go wrong, Amen?

• 3.
    John
    19 February, 2008, 7:43 pm

How would Jesus vote?

Why would Jesus even be voting to begin with?

As if the political system as we know it would still exist after the Second Coming, and assuming also that he arrived here in America, instead of somewhere in the Middle East.

And the Chinese have our black Americans beat in abortion numbers.There is a whole world outside of America, you know.

• 4.
    Darryl Giles
    20 February, 2008, 5:17 pm

John the point is we’re in America and we are going to vote. No one is saying that’s the most important topic in the world, but it certainly is important to us and this country. How would Jesus vote? Well, “it is impossible for God to lie” (Hebrews 6:18), so why would He vote for someone who was for abortion and Gay rights like both of our democrat candidates? Not that there is a perfect Republican either, but most have a biblical world-view. In the next election if a Democrat pushed biblical ideas I would certainly consider voting for him.

• 5.
    Fred
    20 February, 2008, 5:33 pm

McCain divorced his first wife and less than a month later married the woman he had been cavorting with.

Must be that Biblical world-view, eh, Darryl?

• 6.
    John
    20 February, 2008, 7:55 pm

They are all liars, Mr. Giles. As I said before, they are nothing more than “giant salesmen”.Not that I mean that all sales people are liars or as bad as politicians,mind you[smile], just that all politicians and others of their ilk are corrupt sales persons.Sometimes I don’t even think they can even help it.

• 7.
    Candace Coram
    21 February, 2008, 2:16 pm

He would vote for Clinton

• 8.
    22 February, 2008, 1:22 am

Caesar was not a saint, yet Christ said render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s. I partly agree with what one of the previous bloggers said about Christ not being for abortion and gay rights; however I also believe that Jesus would support a person that would not force Christianity on the entire nation. I was talking to an Adventist that opposed Huckabee because he was a Republican and because she feared that with him being Southern Baptist he would return to Sunday Laws and other laws that would inflict the Southern Baptist doctrine on everyone.

I guess I am still torn. Someone help me.

• 9.
    F. L. A.
    22 February, 2008, 2:52 pm

KWESI, IF ALL ELSE FAILS, THEN LET YOUR CONSCIENCE BE YOUR GUIDE.

THE HUMAN HEART IS USUALLY THOUGHT OF AS UNTRUSTWORTHY AND CORRUPT IN CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY, BUT THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT WILL LEAD YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION 80% OF THE TIME.

UNLESS OF COURSE YOUR AN IDIOT.

• 10.
    Darin
    25 February, 2008, 8:16 pm

He would not vote. Why would a King vote for a different rulership than his own? He is the King of God’s Kingdom. Why would he vote for ask others to vote for a political system that’s soon to be destroyed by his own kingdom?

Daniel 2:44 – And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

• 11.
    Steve
    5 April, 2008, 1:19 pm

I think the topic meant that how should we vote if we voted with Christian morals. I do not see anyone with morals in the Presidential arena. Well, anyone who is perfect. We have to pick which one is least imperfect? We have to pick the one who has beliefs that are most Christ-like. Any idea who that might be? How do we find out? I personally thought Jimmy Carter was the most Christ-like in his personal life. he sought unity and helping the less fortunate. The republicans hated him and his legacy to me was a failed foreign policy and a ruined economy. His heart was in the right place I think. Hillary is a liar and Obama is turning racist. When he started it was like it did not matter what color his skin was, now it seems that is all he talks about. I think America has come a long way since MLK. I think school integration is a failure. Schools in North Carolina use bussing to help, but there are poor school districts and rich ones…all within Wake County. Funding should be spread out evenly so all area schools get equal funding. Off the subject maybe, but I think that would be fair to those less fortunate to be forced to attend poorer schools. McCain is pretty much a silent person to me at this time. Do not know much about him other than he is OLD and is pro-Iraq. I did hear he got divorced, pretty bad for conservative Christians. They like him, so i guess it will be excused for him, but wouldn’t be for Obama or Clinton. There is evil in both camps and the Christians who look the other way at sin in any candidates should be ashamed.